Creamy Green Smoothie
From Diane Sanfilippo
- 2 cups packed spinach
- 2 cups full-fat coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 cup ice
- ½ avocado
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 (½ inch to 1 inch) chunk of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 green apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- ½ to 1 cup of water
Baked Spinach & Mushrooms with Eggs
Modified from Jessicaseinfeld.com
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ pounds frozen spinach or fresh
- ½ cup sautéed mushrooms
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tbsp nut milk or yogurt
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350 F. Cook onion, mushrooms, garlic and salt in a skillet over medium heat until soft and the liquid from mushrooms evaporates. Thaw frozen spinach in a colander by running hot water over it. Use paper towels to squeeze out excess moisture. Chop spinach if using fresh. Add spinach to onion mixture and cook until heated through. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and milk. Add eggs to skillet and stir. Place skillet in oven and bake until eggs are set, about 18 minutes.
Crunchy Salad with Herbed Almond Dressing
From Amelia Freer, Cook. Nourish. Glow.
Chopped veggies: celery, carrot, red onion, cucumber, tomato, red, orange or yellow pepper, all sliced about the same size
For the Dressing:
- 10 almonds, soaked
- Small bunches of cilantro, basil, parsley and tarragon, leaves picked and stalks set aside
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- Sea salt to taste
- ½ cup olive oil
Blend or process all dressing ingredients. Toss with veggies of choice.
Macadamia Orange Sole (or other white fish)
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Chopped zest of one orange
- 1 lb lemon sole or other white fish
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Set oven to low broil. Toss macadamia nuts and orange zest in a small bowl. Onto a baking sheet, place fish and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Spread coconut oil on fish and then press macadamia-orange topping on fish. Broil fish until opaque and cooked through, 10 minutes.
Coconut Chicken, Fish, Shrimp or Scallops
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil, ghee or coconut oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped into small pieces
- 1 shallot, chopped into small pieces
- ½ medium white onion, chopped into small pieces
- 2 boneless organic chicken breasts OR fish filets OR shrimp OR scallops
- 2 large bunches of organic broccoli
- Organic coconut milk
- Sea salt
- Cauliflower rice, cooked or uncooked
- Bragg’s coconut aminos (optional)
Place sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic, shallot and onion until onions start to caramelize. Transfer to a bowl.
Cook protein of choice in the same skillet over medium heat. Fillet if too thick. Season with salt. Add ¼ can of organic coconut milk and flip protein often. Add another ¼ cup coconut milk once protein is cooked through. Add in garlic, shallot, onion mixture on the top of the protein and cook until protein absorbs the liquid. Turn down the heat and stir often. Meanwhile, cook cauli-rice in a skillet. Stir in some Bragg’s for added flavor. Steam broccoli until done.
Plate protein, broccoli and a cup of cauli-rice.
Nutrition doesn’t have to be complicated. At Healthy Nest, our nutritionists meet you where you are and then empower you with up-to-date education, food therapy and coaching. We create personalized, doable meal plans. We support you with hand holding on planning, food substitutions, delicious recipes and emotional roadblocks.
Need help with natural weight loss, digestive repair, family nutrition or sugar addiction? Connect with our holistic nutritionists for a free 20-minute phone consult.
Want more? Reach out to Robin for a customized 14-Day Gut Repair Plan—a free perk with any Healthy Nest Nutrition program.