The best mocktail a girl could ask for.
We’re big fans of kombucha. Especially in the summertime. This refreshing, gut-pleasing fermented tea has been consumed for thousands of years and is rich in beneficial probiotics.
Kombucha contains a living symbiotic colony of bacteria and yeast, or a SCOBY. Proponents tout a gamut of health perks spanning free-radical-fighting antioxidants and healthy bacteria that can improve digestion and inflammation. (Note: These health benefits have not been scientifically backed.)
We love the recent kombucha boom and the fact that it’s available everywhere and in so many varieties. Here are our top 5 reasons to love kombucha!
- It’s easy and accessible (pick it up when you’re grocery shopping)
- Kombucha comes in many delicious and natural flavors
- Lower in sugar than most, our favorite brand hands down is Rowdy Mermaid
- Kombucha naturally contains live probiotic cultures to help keep our digestion and immunity strong
- A big summertime plus, kombucha is a pretty color and can easily be put into a wine glass to make you feel like you’re drinking something special. This is great for those nights when you need a drink, but you don’t want a drink. (Monday through Thursday, for me.)
Treat yourself to a kombucha mocktail the next time you’re craving a cocktail and want to skip the calories from alcohol. Kombucha looks great in a wine glass and tastes good with a few berries thrown in and an ice cube to keep it cold. Cheers!
For more info on feeling your best through smarter food and drink choices, contact our holistic nutritionists. It’s a personal puzzle, but we can assist in figuring out what’s best for your body.
Book a free 20-minute consultation with Healthy Nest Nutrition owner Robin Hutchinson to see if our programs are right for you.
Hi! I’m Robin, the founder of Healthy Nest Nutrition. I am a board-certified holistic nutritionist in Denver, Colorado. My passion is helping people find the right diet for their bodies and then showing them how to make healthy nutrition doable and delicious!